WHY ARE MOBILITY AIDS REQUIRED?
Mobility Aids are tools that help people with problems moving around have greater freedom and flexibility.
Older People who are more vulnerable to falling, people with disabilities or injuries, or both, frequently use Mobility Aids.
When using these devices, users are more independent, feel less pain, and have higher levels of confidence and self-esteem. Despite the difficulties in caring for a loved one, purchasing mobility aids reduces worry, increases productivity, and provides much more flexibility overall.
WHO BENEFITS FROM MOBILITY AIDS?
Mobility aids can benefit a variety of people who experience mobility issues, whether short-term or long-term. If you want assistance, it will depend on your particular requirements, which should be thoroughly assessed. The following conditions can benefit from a mobility aid:
- Injury to the foot, legs, or back
- Sprains, walking-related illnesses, wounds, and ulcers
Mobility aids are typically more necessary for the elderly and the disabled than other individuals. However, they can also be helpful for those who are recovering from surgery, short-term illnesses, or accidents.
ISSUES RELATED TO MOBILITY
What do you think is the most common mobility problem?
Mobility problems can be brought on by several conditions, such as illnesses, muscle weakness, joint problems, and discomfort. We can do many things to decrease and prevent these problems, which are very common among the elderly, even though we may not be able to stop them completely. A few of them being:
- Falls caused by uneven surfaces
- Tripping on inclines, stairways, and steps
- Getting harmed and seriously injured while walking or running
PREVALENT MOBILITY AIDS
- Mobility Rollators: A popular variety of walkers with handlebars, a seat, and a storage bag, are a frequent form of mobility aid. Not all rollators come with storage, although they can be ordered individually based on need. They are quite dependable, adaptable, and sturdy, and the seat ensures that the user will have the opportunity to rest if necessary.
- Walking Frames: Walking frames have four legs attached to a steel metal framework for stability. They include non-slip rubber grips for increased security, owing to which these frames are popular among residential care facilities and home users. Walking sticks are also another popular option.
- Mobility Power Chairs: They are just motorised wheelchairs, although they are frequently mistaken for mobility scooters. Powerchairs provide greater flexibility and ease when moving quickly and easily. Although they may not be as adjustable as manual wheelchairs, they can provide essential support when required and to a level that a manual wheelchair simply cannot.
HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT AID?
There are numerous aids to assist people inside and outside the home. Go for what provides excellent support and the appropriate aid for customers on mobility and handicap assistance. If you need a little support and assistance with balance when walking, a walking stick may be the solution you've been looking for, instead of a powerchair. Only you should decide what kind of equipment you need.
Mobility Aids can significantly improve one's quality of life by providing assistance and support. They can enable one to live a healthier and independent life, help people bounce back quicker in case of injuries, and encourage as convenient and easy a life as possible in case of old age or disability.
Sources :Mobility aids: Types, benefits, and use
Why Are Mobility Aids Important? - Shelden Healthcare